Sustainable Development Fund
Sustainable Development Fund was established in 2007 to support the innovative and structuring initiatives of the university community for sustainable development. Its envelope of $300,000 per year has already helped a number of ideas to materialize.
The creation of this fund is part of the University long-term vision, which focuses on the implementation of sustainable and innovative actions in its operations and its living environment. Up to now, this is the largest sustainable development fund of the Quebec university network.
Want to get actively involved in sustainable development? Do you have an innovative yet realistic idea? The development of your project requires funding? Submit it today!
How to submit your application
To submit a funding application for your project, complete the online form (in French only). The evaluation committee, made of representatives of the Sustainable Development Issue Table, regularly evaluates the applications received. You will receive a response as soon as possible.
Projects submitted for the Sustainable Development Fund are evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Compliance with and relevance to the University’s sustainable development policy (PDF) orientations.
- Impact on the promotion and strengthening of sustainable development at the University.
- Project history, operational feasibility, organization plan, timetable, sustainability, viability, team, and long-term benefits.
- Faculty, departmental, institutional, and external support (partnerships) obtained.
- Number and type of people directly or indirectly affected by the project.
- Project funding plan.
Projects not eligible for financial support
Two project categories are not eligible for financial support from the Sustainable Development Fund:
- Research activities and projects, unless a project has significant direct and concrete benefits for the advancement of sustainable development in the university’s daily operations.
- Training activities such as internships, international mobility, seminars, coursework, or other similar activities.
For additional information or to discuss your project, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other University funding sources, refer to summary of sponsorship programs and grants available to students Université Laval projects.