To get your Université Laval experience off on the right foot, we recommend arriving a minimum of 5 to 7 days before the semester starts. The Fall 2019 semester will kick off on September 3rd, the first day of classes and internships. Play it smart and get here early! Arriving during the week that precedes the start of the semester should give you enough time to complete the administrative formalities required prior to registration, so you can be ready when classes start. If you need to find a place to live when you arrive in Québec City, we suggest you allow 3 to 5 additional days for your search.
If you want to get here a bit earlier to explore Quebec City area, note that our welcoming services and activities will start on August 15th.
Key dates - Fall 2019 semester:
- September 3rd 2019: Beginning of the semester
- October 14th 2019: Thanksgiving break
- October 28th to November 1st 2019: Reading week
- December 6th 2019: Founder's Day (University Day)
- December 13th 2019: End of semester
- December 20th 2019: End of the exams period
For more information, see the university calendar. (French only)