The International Office is responsible for the conception, implementation, and coordination of the Université Laval's internationalization strategy.
Université Laval took a resolutely international turn in 1999 with a view to forging a distinctive identity. The International Office was created to spearhead an ambitious internationalization strategy that would satisfy the needs of university faculties, departments, and vice rectors. The office is responsible for the conception, implementation, and coordination of this strategy.
The International Office develops and provides the following services pertaining to international cooperation and the internationalization of education.
- Ensuring promotion and logistic support for exchange programs and overseeing management of agreements signed with partner institutions.
- Assisting students with administrative, intercultural, and logistical preparation for study abroad programs.
- Helping program managers and faculty who wish to establish international partnerships identify networking and funding opportunities.
- Monitoring other institutions' internationalization and globalization strategies in order to ensure UL remains at the vanguard.
- Collaborating with the Recruitment Office to promote UL internationally.
The International Office at a glance
- Provides $3 million in scholarship assistance per year to UL students studying abroad
- Organizes around 100 partner visits per year
- Manages more than 500 agreements with partners in 65 countries
The office is responsible for international student mobility, international student recruitment, international cooperation and partnerships, and international relations.
- Promote international student mobility in all its various forms, and ensure logistical support.
- Prepare mobility agreements and see that they are approved by the Office of the Vice Rector, Academic and International
- Provide students with all needed information and assistance.
- Manage financial aid in conjunction with student mobility.
International cooperation and partnerships
- Promote and support projects to develop and transfer expertise in teaching, research, and university management.
- Assist in the funding of these projects with the vice rectors in charge.
- Support the development of UL international relations.
- Oversee management of agreements signed with institutions of higher learning and relevant organizations.
- Participate in welcoming international delegations or organizing missions abroad, in conjunction with the Rector, the vice rectors, and the departments involved.