The Secretary General’s Office contributes to university development and continuity. In addition to ensuring compliance with the Université Laval charter and statutes, it also protects the university’s rights by rigorously monitoring its rules and policies and updating them to ensure compliance with the law.
In addition, the Secretary General's Office ensures the validity of the certificates and diplomas awarded by Université Laval and is a model of archive administration and official document reproduction and distribution, in keeping with the principles of sustainable development.
Its responsibilities include:
- Managing the bank of courses and programs
- Editing and distributing official publications
- Certifying all official documents issued by the university except for transcripts
- Supervising the application of convocation procedures
- Maintaining the university register and archives
- Maintaining an up-to-date record of university policies and regulations
The Office is headed by the Secretary General and is composed of the registry section, the Legal Affairs Division, the Diplomas and Official Publications Division, the Archives Division, and the Reprography Department.
Monique Richer, Pharm.D., L.L.B.
Assistant to the Secretary General (Archives Division)
Phone: 418-656-2131, ext. 8374
Assistant to the Secretary General (Diplomas and Official Publications Division and registry section)
Phone: 418-656-2131, ext. 6357
Director, Reprography Department
Phone: 418-656-2131, ext. 2277
Reception and general information