Proof of status for Indigenous Applicants
When applying for admission, you will be able to indicate whether you are a member of Canadian First Nations, Métis, or Inuit. To verify your status, you will need to submit one of the following documents in your admission file on monPortail.
For more information on self-declaring and the benefits of self-declaring, visit the First Nations and Inuit Applicants page.
A copy of one of the following documents:
- Indian status card
- Certified letter stating that you are a member of a First Nation that has a treaty with the Crown
- Certified letter stating that you are a beneficiary under the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement or the Northeastern Quebec Agreement
A copy of your Métis Nation citizenship card from one of these provincial organizations:
- Métis Nation of Ontario
- Manitoba Métis Federation
- Métis Nation Saskatchewan
- Métis Nation British Columbia
- Métis Nation of Alberta
- Northwest Territory Métis Nation
A copy of your Inuit enrolment card issued by any one of the four Inuit modern treaty bodies:
- Inuvialuit Settlement Region