A Master’s degree (or equivalent as recognized by Université Laval) in Biology or a subject closely related to selected graduate work.
High Academic Achievement: The minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) is 3.0 out of a possible 4.33.
Proficiency in French/English: Proficiency in either French or English is required.
- The doctoral exam (Semester 2) can be taken in English.
- Courses are offered in French, however they may be taken in the 2nd or 3rd year
- Most professors accept essays and contributions in English.
Other requirements: Please note that students cannot enter the PhD program until the MSc degree has been awarded, or all requirements completed.
Compulsory Courses (3 credits)
- Présentation de projet (Project proposal)
- Séminaire de doctorat (Doctoral seminar)
Complementary Courses (5 credits)
- To be chosen from graduate courses in life science recommended by the supervisor.
Doctoral Exam (1 credit)
- Oral examination on 3 pre-defined subjects.
- The exam is taken on the 2nd semester and, if needed, again at the latest in the 3rd semester.
Thesis (81 credits)
- Ecology and Evolution
- Marine Biology & Oceanography
- Integrative Biology
Soutien financier - Bourses au doctorat
|Semester 1: Foreign students scholarship I||$1000|
|Semester 2 : Foreign students scholarship II||$1000|
|Semester 3: Scholarship 1 (Project proposal)||$500|
|Semester 4: Scholarship 2 (if progress satisfactory)||$500|
|Semester 5: Scholarship 3 (if progress satisfactory)||$500|
|Semester 6: Scholarship 4 (if progress satisfactory)||$500|
|Semester 7: Scholarship 5 (if progress satisfactory)||$500|
|Semester 8: Scholarship 6 (if progress satisfactory)||$500|
|Semester 9: Scholarship 7 (if progress satisfactory)||$500|
|Semester 2: Doctoral exam (if passed)||$750|
|Semester X: Seminar 1||$1000|
|Semester <15: Publication (1st article submitted)||$750|
|Semester <15 : Communication (2nd article submitted or oral presentation at a conference)||$1000|
|Semester <15: Thesis (1st version submitted)||$1500|
* All amounts are in Canadian dollars.
Expertise in arctic marine ecosystems, plankton ecology, bio-physical interactions, numerical modelling, numerical ecology, algorithm development and optimization.