Food Sciences (PhD)
A Master’s degree (or equivalent as recognized by Université Laval) in food science (or equivalent as recognized by Université Laval) or a subject closely related to selected graduate work.
High Academic Achievement: The minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) is 3.6 out of a possible 4.33.
Proficiency in French/English: Proficiency in either French or English is required.
- The courses are offered in French but the course work can be written in English.
- You can choose to write and support your research in English.
Other requirements: Please note that students cannot enter the PhD program until the MSc degree has been awarded, or all requirements completed.
Compulsory Courses (3 credits)
- STA-8001 Planification de la recherche doctorale (doctoral research planning)
- STA-8002 Séminaire II (Seminar II)
- STA-8003 Séminaire III (Seminar III)
Complementary Courses (7 credits)
- The courses will be determined with the research supervisor
Doctoral Exam (2 credits)
- Oral and written exam on Food Chemistry, Food Microbiology and Food Preserving
- Maximum period to succeed the exam : 2nd semester
Thesis (78 credits)
- Food sciences
Financial Support - Doctoral Funding
*All amounts are in Canadian dollars.