CREPUQ Student Exchange Program
Student exchange programs administered by the Conference of Rectors and Principals of Québec Universities (CREPUQ) do not require a protocol between the partner institution and Université Laval. Students are eligible for the program as long as their university is among CREPUQ’s 450 partner institutions in 3 different countries.
Programs not available for exchanges
Certain Université Laval programs are unable to accept students under CREPUQ exchange agreements:
- Anthropology (master’s and PhD)
- Architecture (master’s and PhD)
- Biochemistry (master’s and PhD)
- Biology (master’s and PhD)
- Public communication (master’s)
- Instrumental Music
- Graphic Design and Multimedia (all levels)
- Economics (master’s and PhD)
- Education and counselling (all levels)
- Aerospace engineering (interuniversity master’s program)
- Agrifood Engineering (master’s)
- Kinesiology (master’s and PhD)
- Agricultural microbiology (master’s and PhD)
- Psychology (all levels)
- Public Relations (graduate diploma)
- Health Sciences (Occupational Therapy, Medicine, Dental Medicine, Nutrition, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Nursing)
- Animal Science
- Social Work (master’s and PhD)
- Jewish Theology
- Translation (all levels)
Openings are limited in the Bachelor’s of Architecture and Master’s of Land Use Planning and Regional Development programs.
CREPUQ exchanges are limited to six per institution. Acceptance is not guaranteed. After a preliminary verification of eligibility criteria, applications are forwarded to the Registrar’s Office, then to the program directors who will select the best applicants from among the applications received. Decisions are final and cannot be appealed.
Once the process is complete, the Registrar’s Office will send every applicant an admissions package or rejection letter via their home institution.
Responses are generally sent out in May. Once they have been accepted, students can begin the immigration process. Application packages must be completed in accordance with CREPUQ directions.
If you believe the CREPUQ Exchange Program is the best way for your institution to establish an exchange program with Université Laval, contact the International Office for information on how to proceed.