Guidelines for acknowledgment of authorship
Each person who makes a substantial contribution to the materialization of an idea must be declared co-author of the resulting document.
To obtain the status of author on a publication, it is necessary to:
- Contribute significantly to at least one of the following 3 steps:
- design and implementation of the work plan
- carrying out experiments or collecting data
- analysis and interpretation of results
- Participate in writing or critically reviewing the intellectual content of the document.
- Approve the final version of the document.
- Be able to defend the outline of the document and the content corresponding to its contribution.
Individuals who do not meet all of these criteria but who have contributed to one of these steps should be mentioned in the acknowledgment of the document or work.
These criteria are inspired by those defined by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE).
The order of presentation of the authors come under the conventions specific to each discipline.
Table de concertation de la recherche et de la création
Office of the Vice Rector, Research and Innovation
February 16, 2012