Skip to main content

Documents Formats and Conversion

Official Transcripts

An official transcript is an original document produced by an educational institution.

If your studies were done:

  • In Canada or in the United States: your transcript must be sent directly from your educational institution to be considered an official document.
  • In another country: you can provide a certified photocopy of an original document bearing the original seal of the person authorized to issue it (justice of the peace, notary, attorney, embassy or consular attaché, issuer of the document, etc.).

An official translation in French or English is required for all documents written in a language other than French, English or Spanish.

Note that:

  • You do not need to provide transcripts for your college-level studies. Your Permanent code will allow the Université Laval to retrieve the information necessary for your file to be evaluated.
  • You do not need to provide transcripts or diplomas for your studies done at Université Laval.

When should you provide an official transcript?

If you are submitting an admission application to a limited enrolment or limited space program, you have to make sure that we receive your official transcripts within a 10-calendar day delay after the deadline to submit an admission application. To know thoses dates, visit the following pages:

For all the other programs, the Registrar's Office reserves the right to ask, at any moment, the official documents in support to your admission application for verification and monitoring purposes.

What should you do if you applied for a regular program?

You have to send a legible scanned copy of an official transcript:

  • When you submit your admission application.
  • Through your admission file on monPortail.

Transcripts from a study portal are not accepted.

Documents formats and conversion

Only PDF and JPG formats are accepted for the transmission of documents and you are responsible for converting your documents into one of these formats.

The following links will provide information about converting files to PDF:

A search engine on the Internet may offer other alternatives, either paid or free, allowing you to perform file conversion.

Questions about admission?

Registrar's Office
Pavillon Jean-Charles-Bonenfant
2345, allée des Bibliothèques
Bureau 2440 Université Laval
Québec (Québec) G1V 0A6

Québec Area
418 656-3080

Toll Free
1 877 785-2825