Before submitting your admission and registration for postdoctoral training form, visit the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies website for the full details. See the disciplines in each program.
You can read the Politique d’accueil et d’encadrement des stagiaires postdoctoraux (postdoctoral fellow admissions and supervision policy).
Admission and registration
When you arrive in Québec City, you must go to your host institute, faculty, department, school, or research centre at Université Laval. There you can have your supervising professor sign the REG-160a-AD Admission and Registration for Postdoctoral Training form.
Then you must contact the Registrar’s Office, where you will be admitted and registered. The following documents are required:
- Form REG-160-AD, completed and signed
- A copy of the letter of invitation from Université Laval
- An up-to-date résumé
- An official document indicating the date your PhD was awarded*
- An official birth certificate or a legible copy
If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada you must also submit the following documents:
- The original of the work permit issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
- Proof of health and hospital insurance coverage that is valid in Canada for the entire duration of your postdoctoral fellowship
- A copy of the passport
If all the paperwork has been submitted, the Registrar’s Office will officially complete your admission and registration and send you a confirmation email.
Important: Regardless of your funding source, you must make sure to register for each semester for the duration of your fellowship to maintain your postdoctoral fellow status.