Skip to main content

Student exchanges allow students enrolled at another university (one that Université Laval has signed an agreement with) to come and take courses at our institution for one or two semesters. Université Laval does not issue any diplomas to students it is hosting through exchange programs. Exchange students are required to register full-time while they are at Université Laval.

You can take part in different types of exchanges. The terms of participation may vary.

Course registration

When it’s time to register to your courses, your faculty will contact you with instructions.

Submitting your legal documents

  1. After you arrive in Canada, you must send all documents that provide evidence of your legal status to the Registrar’s Office using the Étudiants en échange – Dépôt des documents / Exchange students – Submitting documents form. If you don’t comply with this obligation during the first two weeks of the semester, the Registrar’s Office will be required to withdraw you from all your courses.
  2. After you submit your documents, the Registrar’s Office will process them within 5 business days.
  3. If necessary, your faculty will complete your arrival documents such as an attestation of arrival or a study contract. See the list of faculty contacts to find out who you need to email.

Questions about admission?

Registrar's Office
Pavillon Jean-Charles-Bonenfant
2345, allée des Bibliothèques
Bureau 2440 Université Laval
Québec (Québec) G1V 0A6

Québec Area
418 656-3080

Toll Free
1 877 785-2825