Making a sustainable mark on the world



Extending your stay


**The university community is encouraged to read the COVID-19 page for more information on the changing situation and on the various public health recommendations. Among other things on that page, you will find frequently asked questions (FAQs) for current international students and for international applicants (French only). **

Thinking about staying on longer in Canada to continue your studies, extend your internship, or get a job after graduation?

This section provides information for students and interns who are already in the country on a visitor*, student, or work visa and would like to renew their permits or get new ones so they can stay longer.

*Only certain visitors are allowed to apply for a study permit from within Canada:

  • Visiting or exchange students
  • Students having completed a course or short-term program of study required for them to be accepted by a particular educational institution
  • Minor children studying at the primary and secondary levels

For more information, consult the Get a Study Permit section of the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website.


Important note: This website is intended to provide general information on current procedures, which may change at any time without notice. Quebec and Canadian laws and regulations in effect as well as the websites of Ministère de l'Immigration, de la Francisation et de l'Intégration (MIFI), and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) take precedence over this website.
This page was last updated on: 30-04-2019